Friday, February 24, 2006

"The Ex-Girlfriend"

My favorite episode of the first season, "The Ex-Girlfriend" is very good.

It starts as George breaks up with his girlfriend Marlene, partly because of her voice and because he leaves long phone messages. He's trying to think of the best way to go about this, and Jerry suggests, "You should just do it like a Band-Aid. One motion! Right off!"

Elaine also relates a story about her and a guy in their building. They start of talking to each other when they pass, then they just say hi, then it evolved into just a head nod, and now nothing. According to Elaine, this has created a deep animosity in their relationship, which is essentially based on nothing. She asks George and Jerry for advice, and George says that if he were a different person, he would confront him.

Kramer enters eating cantaloupe, which he says he got at Joe's, whereas Jerry gets his from the supermarket, much to the dismay of Kramer. Kramer also tells Jerry that he can return the fruit if he doesn't like it, and Jerry replies that he doesn't reutrn fruit because he knows going in that it's a gamble.

By this point George breaks up with his girlfriend, but then remembers that he forgot his books there, and he asks Jerry to go get them. But when Jerry does go get them, he ends up being attracted to her, because of her voice. Even though she calls a lot, he can't stop seeing her.

Later, George's back starts to hurt, and Jerry insists he go see his chiropractor, against George's wishes. So George sees him, and he is unimpressed, as, in his mind, he paid $75 for 2 minutes, and he tells Jerry he's only paying half. Later, Jerry asks George if it's ok that he plans on seeing Marlene, and George is fine with it, much to his surprise.

So Jerry takes Marlene back to her place, where she breaks things off on the basis that she didn't like his act, telling Jerry she can't be with a man if she doesn't respect what he does. Jerry tries to make excuses like the crowd was weak, or that it was a weekday and he has better stuff on the weekend. In the end, it's not enough to convince Marlene, and the show ends. But what a great episode it was.

Favorite Quotes from "The Ex-Girlfriend"

JERRY: A relationship is an organism. You created this thing and then you starved it so it turned against you. Same thing happened to The Blob.

KRAMER: See, the other thing is, if you don't like anything, he takes it right back.
JERRY: I don't return fruit. Fruit is a gamble. I know that going in.

JERRY: No, no. It's not your fault. Books, books, I need my books. Have you re-read those books yet, by the way? You know the great thing? When you read Moby Dick the second time, Ahab and the whale become good friends.

RECEPTIONIST: The doctor'll see you now.
GEORGE: (To Jerry, sarcastically) Yeah, doctor.

GEORGE: What's seventy-five bucks? What, am I seeing Sinatra in there?! Am I being entertained? I don't understand this. I'm only paying half.

MARLENE: Well, okay. I guess things changed for me on Tuesday night.
JERRY: Tuesday night? What happened Tuesday night?
MARLENE: ..I saw your act.
JERRY: My act? What does that have to do with anything?
MARLENE: Well, to be honest, it just didn't make it for me. It's just so much fluff.
JERRY: I can't believe this. So what are you saying? You didn't like my act, so that's it?
MARLENE: I can't be with someone if I don't respect what they do.
JERRY: You're a cashier!
MARLENE: Look, Jerry, it's just not my kind of humor.
JERRY: You can't go by the audience that night. It was late. They were terrible.
MARLENE: I heard the material.
JERRY: I have other stuff. You should come see me on the weekend.

Seinfeld Episodes.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh. I just spent 20 minutes of my life that I'll never get back. Not that that's a bad thing.

3:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi !.
You may , probably curious to know how one can collect a huge starting capital .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may begin to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
AimTrust represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with structures around the world.
Do you want to become a happy investor?
That`s your choice That`s what you wish in the long run!

I`m happy and lucky, I began to get income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to select a proper partner who uses your money in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://xokemutubo.kogaryu.com/xyjupon.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take this option together to become rich

10:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello!
You may probably be very curious to know how one can manage to receive high yields on investments.
There is no need to invest much at first.
You may begin earning with a money that usually is spent
on daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one project for several years,
and I'm ready to share my secrets at my blog.

Please visit my pages and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I make 1000-2000 per day now.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

2:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello!
You may probably be very interested to know how one can manage to receive high yields on investments.
There is no need to invest much at first.
You may begin earning with a sum that usually goes
for daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one company's work for several years,
and I'll be glad to let you know my secrets at my blog.

Please visit blog and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I make 1000-2000 per day now.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

4:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home